Real learning is a part of the work, not apart from it.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

NEW LrnBook: The New Learning Architect

We're kicking off a new LrnBook on Hootcourse! A very excited group of learning professionals and I have chosen Clive Shepherd's The New Learning Architect for this round.

Following in the footsteps of @JaneBozarth and the Lrnbook The Power of Pull, questions will be posted on the lrnbk blog starting the Week of March 7th. Check out the blog to get an idea of the type and frequency of questions posted and http://hootcourse.com/course/973/ to see how HootCourse was leveraged to converse.

Like the last LrnBook you can post to Twitter right from the HootCourse -or not at all. Hootcourse will automatically add the hashtag #lrntect (ala Tweetchat style). Many seemed to use Kindles last time (I use the Android App). You can download the ebook quickly from Amazon.

I'll be the Sherpa this round but as we progress through the book I will reach out to the "students" to help sponsor questions...different approaches and thoughts are always welcome.

So go grab a copy, start reading, and follow me on Twitter @britz for up to date information as the date draws near.

Looking forward to exploring The New Learning Architect with you all!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark. This is great timing as I finally started digging through Clive's book the other day. I think this activity will really add some depth to the content and it will also fill in some of the perceived gaps.

This will be my first hootcouse, so be kind. ;-)

Unknown said...

Mark, great to have you involved. I found that reading via Kindle w/ a group in the last effort (Power of Pull) did just that - great reflections and deeper understanding. And as far as being kind - please do the same, this is only my second book and 1st time "hosting" :)