Real learning is a part of the work, not apart from it.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

How I Work

David Kelly, inspired by a Lifehacker series, is promoting "How I Work".  Keep an eye on David's Blog as he links to others in this series. For now here's how I roll ...errr I mean work.

Location: Syracuse, NY

Current Gig: Manager, Corporate Training

Current mobile device: iPhone 4s

Current computer: Dell Latitude (sigh)

One word that best describes how you work: Creatively

What apps/software/tools can't you live without? 
Evernote, Tweetbot, Zite, Google Docs, Mailbox, MapMyRun, Kindle

What's your workspace like? Home: Dining Room Table overlooking back yard Office: Desk with too many sticky notes
Home Office
What's your best time-saving trick?  One step back to take two steps forward. Walk away from the work for a bit. Its amazing how even a 30 minute break accelerates my progress. 

What's your favorite to-do list manager? My wife and orange sticky notes

Besides your phone and computer, what gadget can't you live without? iPad Mini


What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else? Mowing the lawn. I'm meticulous. Nothing more therapeutic too in my opinion. 

What do you listen to while you work? Beatles and Podcasts: Shift, NPR, 60 Second Mind, On Being, Radio Lab, TED, Tayloring It, 

Are you more of an introvert or extrovert? Yes. Hate labels. Depends on situation, environment. More outward going I guess

What's your sleep routine like? Down by 10pm, up by 4:45am

Fill in the blank. I'd love to see ______ answer these same questions. Me in 10 years

What's the best advice you've ever received? Love yourself.  Not in a narcissistic way but a patient, forgiving one. Thanks Mom.

So... How do you work?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd like to apologize if you heard the language I used when I read the part about you getting up at 4:45 every morning.